Biotonomy is a global company that develops autonomous buildings, communities & cities with Nature Based Solutions (NBS). We provide innovative & groundbreaking solutions through a holistic combination of ancient, modern, and nature’s design principles.
Biotonomy specializes in ecological, economical, and social projects that addresses the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis. Together with interdisciplinary collaboration & educational programs, Biotonomy works to advance the development, uptake, and upscale of Nature Based Solutions for autonomous buildings & cities.
Biotonomy’s vision is for Nature Based Solutions to become a natural part of the way we design & build our future. We envision a world where buildings and cities are designed to actively restore ecosystems.
How it all started...
"The moment I understood that biological design principles can be used to develop autonomous buildings, was the moment Biotonomy was born in my mind."
Moein Nodehi, Founder
Moeins passion for the natural world & architecture goes all the way back to his childhood. His admiration & curiosity for ancient architecture led him to study International Architectural Engineering.After working on some of the largest construction projects in the world, he quickly realized how destructive conventional architecture was for the natural world and human wellbeing. This realization gave birth to a new dream of designing buildings & cities that could harness and utilize the power of nature.
He spent over a decade analyzing & building existing construction systems based on nature-based solutions and began to perceive their shortcoming in scalability and esthetics. He decided to take on the task of building a scalable concept that would take into account biological design principles and ancient wisdom.
The benefits of Nature Based Architecture
- Eliminates carbon emissions during the operation phase.
- Reduces operating cost up to 95 %
- Minimizes the energy consumption for heating & cooling up to 100%.
- Decreases water consumption up to 75 %
- Reuses wastewater for food production & restoring ecosystems
- Provides organic food & clean water security
- Builds resilience for cities and ecosystems.
- Adapts buildings to climate change
- Reconnects people with nature & enhances human wellbeing.
- To make Nature-Based Solutions become a natural part of the way we design and build our societies.
- To bridge the gap between Ecology & Architecture.
- To transform Urban areas to actively restore ecosystems.
- To have a positive impact on an environmental, economical, and social level.
- To raise awareness about the impact human habits have on the environment and provide directions on how to become sustainable inhabitants of this planet.
- To create partnerships and networks of collaboration with actors from different sectors and disciplines in order to achieve holistic and durable solutions to current challenges and continue to cooperate in the face of future challenges.
- To empower individuals, communities, organizations, and governments by giving them the tools so that they, too, can become ambassadors of change.
Biotonomy offers architecture, construction & educational services around the world. We work with both ground-up projects & with reforming existing buildings with Nature Based Solutions.
Send your project inquiry to email@example.com today & find out how we can help you!