BIOTONOMY - MODEL 909
Model 909 is our latest autonomous design that provides all the comforts you need to live in harmony with the natural world. This autonomous home generates its own electricity, processes its own sewage, produces clean water, grows indoor fruits & vegetables, and maintains comfortable indoor temperature all year around. Model 909 is designed to take care of its inhabitants with zero to minimal utility costs.
Model 909 is designed for human beings to become autonomous without having to sacrifice their comforts. Choosing to live in an autonomous home means also that you will take personal responsibility towards the global climate crises by reducing your environmental footprint significantly.
With local adaptation Model - 909 is able to perform in most climates from extreme heat to extreme cold.
OPEN KITCHEN & LIVING-ROOM
A HOME THAT COOPERATES WITH NATURE
1. NATURAL HEATING & COOLING
2. NATURAL VENTILATION
3. WATER PRODUCTION
4. BIOLOGICAL SEWAGE TREATMENT
5. SOLAR ENERGY
6. FOOD PRODUCTION
1. Designed with a natural heating & cooling system that works within the laws of physics to provide comfortable indoor temperatures all year around. This is simply achieved by designing the building to harvest & store temperatures from hot seasons and using it during the colder seasons.
2. To make sure the indoor temperature does not get too hot & humid - the building has a natural ventilation system which is based on ancient technologies that uses underground channels to regulate the air temperatures that enters the building.
3. The building is designed to harvest, store & filter fresh water for both household and irrigation. The water for the household is collected from the roof and terrace while the water for irrigation is collected from the surrounding landscape & garden
4. Designed to reuse & manage all waste water with a biological system that uses plants to filter and consume every drop of sewage that is produced from the household.
5. With an off-grid solar system that provides electricity & hot water all year around. The electricity is harvested by solar panels in the garden during the day and stored in batteries to make sure there is electricity at night time & cloudy days. Areas with low amount of sun hours will have a combined system of a solar & wind power.
6. Designed with indoor & outdoor gardens that can feed a family with organic fruits & vegetables all year around.
Designed with an atrium & greenhouse in the center that provides natural light and ventilation to the interior. Atriums were common features in ancient designs to give the building a feeling of space and light while maintaining a visual link with the environment. The first floor is designed as an open floorplan with a kitchen, living-room, greenhouse, and toilets and showers at either end. The second floor is designed with three arched bedrooms that have direct access to an outside terrace